VGJ.Storm is pleased to announce that our winnings from Midas Mode will be donated to Center for Family Life, located in Brooklyn, New York. Center for Family Life (CFL) is a neighborhood-based organization offering a comprehensive range of social services and supports in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. For 39 years, the Center has been a stabilizing anchor in the Sunset Park community, responding to the critical social, economic, and developmental needs of families and children. CFL's range of services aims to sustain and nurture families, and to create a supportive community from which children can emerge as confident, capable adults.
Here are some key numbers from CFL in 2017:
- Served over 16,800 individuals and 11,300 families
- More than 640 families found support in family counseling and foster care programs
- Helped community residents obtain public benefits worth $2.5 million for food, housing and health insurance
- A total of 6,800 children, youth and adults took part in CFL's summer camp, in-school, after-school and neighborhood center activites
- Provided 58,000 nutritious meals to families in need